- For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), I am responsible for your personal information.
Collection of your Personal Information
- I collect information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Information), such as your e-mail address and name. If you purchase a subscription to use michaelbarraclough.com
- I will collect, but will not store your billing and credit card information. I use Analytic software to collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your browser type, IP address, geographic location and operating system (Non-Personal Information). Non-Personal Information is not linked to your Personal Information.
- I will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact me through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means set out below.
In plain English: I collect information that could be used to personally identify you, such as your name and contact details. I may also collect information that is not personal to you and not linked to your personal information.
Information you provide when you register for an account
- When you register for a michaelbarraclough.com account, you voluntarily give me certain Personal Information, including your name and e-mail address.
- If you make a purchase, or pay subscription fees, you will provide me with your billing information as this is required to complete a commercial transaction on the Website.
In plain English: When you register for a account on michaelbarraclough.com, you provide me with personal information, such as your name, e-mail address and billing information.
Information from third parties
- I do not collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as social media networks.
In plain English: I do not collect any information about you, other than that which you provide me.
Other information I collect
- I may also collect Personal Information as you use the Website. This includes all text, documents, content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of The michaelbarraclough.com.
In plain English: If you upload any content to michaelbarraclough.com, this may contain your personal information, which I may collect and use for the purposes described here.
Automatically collected information
- When you visit michaelbarraclough.com, I automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, cookie information, referring website addresses, pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and Internet Service Provider. I may analyse and use this information to better understand how my users use michaelbarraclough.com, to maintain and improve michaelbarraclough.com, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding michaelbarraclough.com.
In plain English: I automatically collect certain information about you when you visit michaelbarraclough.com. I use this information to analyse your use of the Website and to improve michaelbarraclough.com.
Use of your Personal Information
- I collect and use your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to to:
- operate the Website and to deliver michaelbarraclough.com service.
- communicate with you about your use of michaelbarraclough.com, as well as respond to requests for assistance, including account verification support if you've having difficulty accessing your account.
- I send a welcome email following registration to all registered users. I also periodically send service updates to registered users.
- display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use michaelbarraclough.com.
- understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding my users’ use of michaelbarraclough.com.
- When you register with michaelbarraclough.com and set up an account to access michaelbarraclough.com, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and me and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. When I process any payment made by you, I process your Personal Information to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Website. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations.
- I will not send you direct marketing emails from any third parties, without your prior consent.
- I will not provide your Personal Information to any third parties, without your prior consent.
In plain English: I collect your personal information to perform the contract you enter into when you register to use michaelbarraclough.com. I also collect certain information when I have a good reason to do so. There will be no interaction with 3rd parties without your permission.
Storage of Personal Information
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, I will only hold your Personal Information in michaelbarraclough.com for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see "Your rights" section below).
- Even if I delete your Personal Information, I reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Please contact Michael Barraclough (wearing my Data Protection Officer hat) for more information.
In plain English: I will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary. For more information, please contact me.
Personal Information access and disclosure
- I will only disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- when we I vendors, lawyers and service providers to assist me in meeting business or operating needs, such as providing legal services, hosting our Website, communicating with users, delivering and improving our services, e-mail communication, invoicing and payments, customer support services and analytics. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to my instructions and to perform their duties to me, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; or
- when I have your explicit consent to share your Personal Information; or
- when I determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of me and users of michaelbarraclough.com , or to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities; or
- if I sell some or all of michaelbarraclough.com , I may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
In plain English: I only disclose your personal information to third parties such as service providers if I have your explicit consent, or if I am required to do so by law.
Transfers outside of the EEA
- As part of the services offered to you through the Website, the Personal Information you provide may be transferred to and stored in the United States and in certain circumstances, other countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, a transfer of your Personal Information may happen if one of michaelbarraclough.com 's service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA (for example, the hosting provider).
- I will only transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your Personal Information, for example, by way of data transfer agreement incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by self-certifying to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework in the event that the organisation in receipt of the information is based in the United States.
- To ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection, I will put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with any third parties I share your Personal Information with. This ensures your information is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with data protection laws.
In plain English: I may transfer your personal information to locations outside of the EEA, but only where there are appropriate safeguards in place. I may transfer your information outside the EEA if, for example, one of our service providers is located in such a location.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Website pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
- The michaelbarraclough.com reserves the right in the future to place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests
How to reject cookies
- If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of michaelbarraclough.com .
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. This site also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Data security & integrity
- I am committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that michaelbarraclough.com holds from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. I do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let me know immediately.
- michaelbarraclough.com is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- However, while I do my best to protect your Personal Information, I cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the Website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Website, please keep this password safe.
In plain English: The michaelbarraclough.com is designed to keep your personal information safe, however, I cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet or similar connection. You can do your part by keeping your password safe.
- Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your Personal Information, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
- To exercise these rights, please contact me. I will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that I may keep a record of your communications to help me resolve any issues you raise.
In plain English: You have rights in relation to your personal information. Please contact me to find out more.
- If you believe that I have not complied with this Policy or your data protection rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the  UK Information Commissioner’s Office, however, I hope that you'll attempt to resolve the complaint with me first. Please contact me for more information.
In plain English: If you're not happy with the way I have handled your personal information, you have the right to bring a complaint. Please contact me to find out more.
Third party advertising
- The michaelbarraclough.com does not use remarketing services to advertise to you on third party websites after you have visited The michaelbarraclough.com .
In plain English: The michaelbarraclough.com doesn't show you targeted ads on other websites.
Links to third party websites
In plain English: The michaelbarraclough.com links to other websites, whose privacy practices may differ from michaelbarraclough.com.
- The michaelbarraclough.com does not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not register to use michaelbarraclough.com . If you believe a child or yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information, please contact me to have the data removed and terminate the child's account.
In plain English: No one under the age of 18 should use michaelbarraclough.com .
Changes to this Policy
- I will occasionally update this Policy to reflect legal requirements and customer feedback. I encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how I am protecting your Personal Information.
In plain English: This policy may change from time to time and you are encouraged to review it regularly.
- I welcome your comments regarding this Policy. You can contact me by email, or write to me at:
- Data Protection Officer michaelbarraclough.com 3 Brownlow Close Poynton SK12 1YH.